Sunday, January 20, 2008

Patronus

Who ever wrote that little quip about Ravens obviously has not met my Prudence.
She was orphaned early and came to me unexpectedly after my letter from Hogwarts. My aunts were exceptionally pleased to see her instead of an Owl. I love Owls. Prudence has won my heart however. Many dont see her here at Hogwarts as she tends to stay up in the rafters or down in the valley soaring with sillyness.

An interesting article I found in the Library on Ravens
Corvids are sociable birds. They tend to form social groups, and this can be seen particularly in the case of rooks, which stay in their flocks all year round. Ravens, the largest of the family, reaching as much as 3 feet from beak to tail, form groups as juveniles, pairing off into lifelong monogamous and extremely territorial relationships at around the age of three. The courtship can involve such fun and games as synchronised snow sliding, and, of course, the synchronised flight test. The corvids can be found all over the world, and are the largest of the passeriformae, or songbirds. The common raven is widely distributed throughout the Northern hemisphere, and the adaptability and intelligence of this family have made it extremely successful.












1 comment:

Quinn said...

Hi Ollie! Thanks for teaching me a bit more about our house mascot. I guess it pays to be brought up by two educationally-minded aunts :-)