Wednesday, February 20, 2008
2. When Harry arrives at the Burrow and Mrs. Weasley makes them all dinner the night before they leave for the Quidditch World Cup, what does her wand turn into?a. rubber mouse
3. Since some of the sixth-year girls didn't have any quills on them, what did they think Krum might sign their hats in?c. lipstick
4. How old does the Quick Quotes Quill say that Rita Skeeter is?a. 43
5. What color cloak is wormtail wearing in the Riddle house?)b. Black
6. What color is "Mad Eye" Moody's magical eye?d. Blue
7. What color are the robes that Rita Skeeter was wearing when Harry meets her at the Weighing of the Wands ceremony?b. Magenta
8. What does Sirius Black tell Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him when speaking around anyone else?b. Padfoot
9. Which team beat Wales, disqualifying them from competing for the Quidditch World Cup?c. Uganda
10. What does Madame Maxime say is the only thing her steeds will drink?c. single-malt whiskey
Picture HuntGoblet of Fire (French version)Madam Maxime
Dragon from first challenge
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
1. What is Professor McGonnagall's first name? Minerva
2. Who is the librarian of Hogwarts? Madam Pince
3. What is Madam Rosmerta's job? She owns The Three Broomsticks pub.
4. What is Rita Skeeter's secret? She is an un-registered animagus.
5. Madam Hooch is instructor of what subject? Flying
6. Who is Parvati Patil's best friend? Lavender Brown
7. What Quidditch position does Cho Chang play? Seeker
8. What is the name of Fleur Delacour's little sister? Gabrielle
9. Who is professor of Divination? Professor Trelawney
10. Who wrote "A History of Magic"? Bathilda Bagshot
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Thursday, January 31, 2008
b. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill him
2. What is the problem with leprechaun gold?
a. It vanishes after a few hours
3. Why did Mad-Eye Moody turn Malfoy into a ferret?
c. Malfoy attached Harry when Harry's back was turned
4. Sirius warns Harry to be careful around Karkaroff because he had been a Death Eater. Which one of the professors at Hogwarts, who also used to be a Death Eater, is frequently bothered by Karkaroff?
5. Voldemort could have used the blood from any foe to make the potion that revived him work, but he held out for Harry's blood. Why?
c. The special protection Harry received from his mother would also pass to Voldemort
6. How old would Frank have been on his next birthday?
7. Amos Diggory works for?
b. The Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
8. Who shared a carriage with the three friends on the way from the train to Hogwarts?
9. What date in October did the delegates from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrive?
10. What color were Percy's dress robes at the Yule Ball?
a. Navy Blue
Monday, January 21, 2008
Yay! Today an owl came swooping in with a message from Minerva! The official certificate that follows students on admittance had finally been tracked down and the poor enchanted owl located. Confundus spells much like Canaries seem to be very practical pranks with in the walls.
It is hilarious to me that such pranks take place. Perhaps that is simply my mischievous side peeking out. Fun and well humored pranks can be indeed needed. For me being so far away from the Aunts and home - and all the muggle friends I do love so much.. it helps.
I was thinking of muggle friends today and how so many supported me through such difficult times as a wizard raised normal. They really were very special people and I am hoping to find so many more in this school that understand and are in the same place.
Also our first house riddle came today.
I am clever so these thrill me. I really love riddles!
I am one with eight to spare, lest I lose my one.
I'm not a number.
But I am cute.
What am I?
Easy.. a cat ! They have nine lives (more if enchanted with Longetivis Actimus) and are absolutely the cutest thing ever.. well besides Ravens of course !
Sunday, January 20, 2008
She was orphaned early and came to me unexpectedly after my letter from Hogwarts. My aunts were exceptionally pleased to see her instead of an Owl. I love Owls. Prudence has won my heart however. Many dont see her here at Hogwarts as she tends to stay up in the rafters or down in the valley soaring with sillyness.
An interesting article I found in the Library on Ravens
Corvids are sociable birds. They tend to form social groups, and this can be seen particularly in the case of rooks, which stay in their flocks all year round. Ravens, the largest of the family, reaching as much as 3 feet from beak to tail, form groups as juveniles, pairing off into lifelong monogamous and extremely territorial relationships at around the age of three. The courtship can involve such fun and games as synchronised snow sliding, and, of course, the synchronised flight test. The corvids can be found all over the world, and are the largest of the passeriformae, or songbirds. The common raven is widely distributed throughout the Northern hemisphere, and the adaptability and intelligence of this family have made it extremely successful.
Monday, January 14, 2008
I am very distracted by the fact no owl nor mail has come from my Aunts.
Some call it magic,
These things that I see.
And I don't understand
Why it happens to me.
But I know that I have it,
For it blooms from within.
It beckons and calls
As I weave and I spin.
Some call it magic,
These things that I see.
I must list and learn
As ancient voices guide me.
Their magic is strong,
So I answer their call.
For I am sorted
To the best house of all.
The Mighty Ravenclaw!